Re: 5.1.1 problem in cygwin

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:04:05 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

I've rebuilt "ncl" with a special stack option that Dave Brown remembered.

I'm not sure if it will help with your stack overflow problem, but
please give it a try.

To get the file:

     ftp ftp.ucar.edu
     <log in as "anonymous">
     <Use email address as password>
     cd /pub/scd/haley
     get ncl_new.exe.gz
     quit

Once you have the file, gunzip it, make sure it is executable, and
move it to $NCARG_ROOT/bin:

     gunzip ncl_new_exe.gz
     chmod gou+x ncl_new.exe
     mv ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/.

Now you can use this new NCL executable instead of the one already
installed on your system:

     ncl_new.exe your_script.ncl

If you are comfortable that this executable works, you can replace
your old ncl executable with this new one. You should first make a
copy of your old one:

    mv $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl_old.exe
    mv ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe

Let me know if you have any questions.

--Mary