Re: help-adjunct

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:05:42 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

I was able to run your regrid-ME.ncl script on my new Cygwin box,
and it produced a PS file (I've attached the converted *png file).

The version of NCL you have was not compiled with a special
option to help prevent overflow. I've since recompiled
"ncl" with this special option, which helped another user.

Maybe it will help you too.

To try out this new "ncl", first grab the new executable from ftp:

      ftp ftp.ucar.edu
      <log in as "anonymous">
      <Use email address as password>
      cd /pub/scd/haley
      get ncl_new.exe.gz
      quit

Once you have the file, gunzip it, make sure it is executable, and
move it to $NCARG_ROOT/bin:

      gunzip ncl_new_exe.gz
      chmod gou+x ncl_new.exe
      mv ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/.

Now you can use this new NCL executable instead of the one already
installed on your system:

      ncl_new your_script.ncl

If you are comfortable that this executable works, you can replace
your old ncl executable with this new one. You should first make a
copy of your old one:

     mv $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl_old.exe
     mv $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe

Good luck,

--Mary