Creating black and white figures in NCL for publications

From: Yongxin Zhang <yongxin.fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:19:01 -0700

I will need to create black and white figures for my difference plots in NCL
for publications that have positive and negative values. I am thinking that
using contrasting shades of grey and black might work for this since I will
also need to overlay significance levels in hatching or stippling patterns.
I am wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions about making such
figures, or if you could send me your code if you have already done this.
Thanks,
Yongxin