Thinning wind barbs with vcMinDistanceF

From: Ray Peterson <pasayten_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:54:23 -0700 (PDT)

I am creating a hourly series of wind barb images for 24 and 48 hour periods.  My source data is in 4km model cells and I am displaying areas large enough to require "thinning" of the wind barb vectors using the vcMinDistanceF property.   This method works and thins wind barbs appropiately, but the issue is that over the whole time period, the barb (cells) that it thins out sometimes change over the time period...  This causes the barbs in the image to shift/jitter over the time period animation. Question:  Is there a way to uniformly thin or prescreen the cells (barbs) to display so that the same ones are used consistantly over the time period? Thanks in advance! Ray Peterson