producing a scatter diagram with multiple "lines"

From: <Mark.Collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:08:29 +1000

Hi,
as far as I can understand I should be able to generate a scatter diagram (markers at points along the x-axis) from a 2D array, similar to producing a series of lines where the first dimension of the array corresponds to the number of the line to draw, but by specifying marker resources.

I have attached a script along with 2 small datasets (and the plot) which describe my problems. The first is why does a marker get put in where there is a _FillValue and secondly why do subsequent "lines" of data not use markers only? The main variable to examine is array which is a 2D array with a mixture of missing and non-missing values.

Regards,
Mark.