Re: Contouring missing values of 850 mb specific humidity due to terrain

From: Debasish PaiMazumder <debasish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:12:57 -0400

Dear Phillip,

I am not sure that I understand your question correctly.

The following may work for you.

WRF1D = ndtooned(WRF2D) ; WRF2D (mlon,nlat)
NARR1D= ndtooned(NARR2D) ; NARR2D(mlon,nlat)

NARR1D(ind(ismissing(WRF1D)))= -999 ; where missing value= -999

NARR2d = onedtond(NARR1D, (/mlon,nlat/))

This will replace the NARR data with missing values where WRF out put
has missing values

Good luck

Debasish

On 09-08-11, at 13:46, Phillip Stauffer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am comparing WRF output to NARR data. The NARR data has
> interpolated 850 mb specific humidity over areas of high terrain
> where the WRF output has missing values. I want to show the areas
> of missing data due to terrain from the WRF output on the NARR
> plot. I have been able to contour the missing values for the WRF
> output by setting the cnMissingValPerimOn resource to true. The
> specific humidity varible for both WRF and NARR have been summed
> into monthly averages and is dimensioned (mlon,nlat).
>
> My question is how to plot this same contour (WRF missing values)
> on the NARR plot?
> Or another approach to show where the WRF 850 mb data is below
> ground on the NARR plot.
>

> Attached is a jpeg of WRF with the missing values contour in black
> (left) and the NARR plot (right)
>

> Thank you for your help,
> Phillip Stauffer
> <WRF_vs_NARR.jpg>

Debasish PaiMazumder, PhD
Hydrology & Climate Science
Postdoctoral Researcher at UQÀM/Ouranos
550, Sherbrooke west, 19th floor, west tower,
Montréal, QC, Canada H3A 1B9
Tel: (514) 282-6464-343
      (514) 937-0042 (R)
email: debasish_at_sca.uqam.ca