overlap observations on US map

From: Lin,Jin-Sheng <Jin-Sheng.Lin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:05:36 -0400

I have a dataset of observations in (latitude, longitude, concentration)
format. How do I plot it out and overlap it onto an US map using ncl?
The strength of concentration field (which will be discrete points in
the plot) has to be reflected by a color label bar. I wanted to place
this plot next to a plot of WRF model output for comparison.

I know how to plot the model output, how to read in text file, and do
panel plots, but I can't seem to find anything similar in the webpage
examples which plot observations. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jin

Jin-Sheng Lin
Regional Air Quality Modeler
Air Division