Black and white shadding plot for positive and negative values

From: Yang Yang <yang123yang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:

I want to plot field differences with both positive and negative values with NCL. The color table such as posneg_1 can easily show the values and looks excellent. However, to save money for publication, I have to use black and white shading.
I want to use darker black shading to show larger positive and negative values but with different texture so that one can easily tell the negative or positive values
I checked the color table of NCL but couldn't find the one I want. I am wondering in the community if someone have created a NCL script to plot the kind of black white shading figure I described above? Can I share your script? Thanks!

Ed