Problems reading GRIB2 files

From: Leung Samuel <shwl0608_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:09:08 +0800

Hi NCL Team,

This is the first time I use NCL to read GRIB2 files and I got problems when
doing that. It seems that ncl is looking for a "codetable directory" and
the following is the output of reading that GRIB2 file

Copyright (C) 1995-2009 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.1.1-alpha
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal: NclGRIB2: codetable directory
"/data2/share/ncarg/lib/ncarg/grib2_codetables" invalid
fatal:Could not open (myfile.grb2)

(/data2/share/ncarg/ is the $NCARG_ROOT in my computer)

And this error makes the ncl cannot continue. Does it mean I have to
download a codetable from somewhere else before reading the GRIB2 file?

Thanks and regards,
Samuel Leung