Re: Problems reading GRIB2 files

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:37:35 -0600 (MDT)

[Gerry, thanks for taking a swing at this. What you suggested was my
  first thought too.]

Samuel, I think you have just a partial version of NCL, since it is
reporting version "5.1.1-alpha". You might have had an older version
of NCL at one point, and I gave you a new alpha "ncl" to try but
didn't give you all the extra files that go with it, like code tables.

Since your "/data2/share/ncarg/lib/ncarg/grib2_codetables" doesn't
exist, I recommend downloading and installing NCL V5.1.1 , so you can
get the full, non-alpha version.

The instructions are at:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

--Mary