generating a section along a path?

From: mark collier <mark.collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 21:04:21 +1000

Has anyone generated a section along an arbitrary path? In my case I
wish to plot a parameter (3d x-y-z array) as a function of distance
along the path versus z. This could be used to compare with standard
sections, eg. WOCE or SR3. The distance axis could be mapped onto a
latitude dimension as well. I will try to write a procedure to do this
but it might be tricky to generalise...

Regards,
Mark.