Re: Correlation significant test....

From: Debasish PaiMazumder <debasish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:54:10 -0400

Dear Sabeerali,

If you already calculated correlation coefficient by using "escorc",
you need to use "rtest" to determine the statistical significance of
correlation coefficients.
Please check the web page http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/
Built-in/rtest.shtml

To plot significance please check the example conOnCon_4.ncl in web
page http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/conOncon.shtml

Good Luck

Debasish

On 09-09-10, at 03:52, Sabeerali(sebi) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> By using the escorc function I found the correlation between
> variables 'a' and 'b'. I want to do its significance test and plot.
> Which function I can use and how I can use it? The dimension of 'a'
> is lat=73,lon=144,time=23 and that of 'b' is time=23
>

> Thanks in advance

Debasish PaiMazumder, PhD
Hydrology & Climate Science
Postdoctoral Researcher at UQÀM/Ouranos
550, Sherbrooke west, 19th floor, west tower,
Montréal, QC, Canada H3A 1B9
Tel: (514) 282-6464-343
      (514) 937-0042 (R)
email: debasish_at_sca.uqam.ca