Re: can ncl merge two nc files into one nc file

From: <whobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 15:06:50 -0700

Donna

If you don't want to use NCO operators, then you can use NCL to merge
files by reading the data from both files, merging them into a single
array as appropriate, and then write the new array either to a new
output file, or overwrite one of the existing files.

If you're unfamilar with NCL, the file I/O examples on the ncl webpage
(http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/list_io.shtml) should be a good
start on reading/writing/modifying different filetypes.

For what it's worth, if I were regularly merging netCDF files along
the record coordinate then I would personally probably use a shell
script invoking NCO operators.

Will