regriding NARR data to T42 gird

From: Sanjiv Kumar <sanjivconscious_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:48:25 -0400

Hello,

I want to regird NARR data to T42 gird. I have succefully used the
'rcm2rgrid' for this purpose.

However, since 'rcm2rgrid' simple inverse distance weighting, i am not
quite sure about the interpolated values. Becuase NARR is a very high
reolsution (32 km) data and T42 is very low resolution (~280 km) data.

In my understanding 'area_hi2lores' would be more suitable function, becuase
it uses area average method.

See the attached pdf and excel for the explanation

However first two argument 'xi' and 'yi' of 'area_hi2lores' should be one
dimensaional and monotonically incresing that is not the case with NARR
data.

I was wondering how to overcome this issue.

thanks
sanjiv