Re: how to make the plot full of the specified area?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:42:58 -0600

See Example 4 at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tropical.shtml

Comments include:

; change aspect ratio of strip plot. Note that w/o the mpShapeMode resource,
; NCL will take whatever values you input for Height and Width, and change
; them behind the scenes so that the aspect ratio is maintained. Note also
; that this only happens with maps. You will be able to change a plain
; contour plot, without "FreeAspect".

res_at_mpShapeMode = "FreeAspect"

Xuguang Sun wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> I can specifiy the plot area by vpXF, vpYF, vpHeightF, vpWidthF, but when I plot the figures, it always shows in terms of the proportion of longitude and latitude and is not full of the specified area. If I want the figure full of the specified area without thinking of the deformation, how can I do it? Thanks.
>
> Xuguang

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |