Re: linear interpolation

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:41:13 -0600

Hi Lei,

First just a bit of terminology: you are talking about the dimensions
of the variable not the attributes (which are metadata such as units
or a descriptive long name for the variable). There are a number of
functions you could use. Assuming you have coordinate values for the
input and output lat and lon dimensions, and you are using version
5.1.0 of NCL, I would recommend the function area_hi2lores_Wrap.
However, you could also use linint2_Wrap, or if the output grid is
Gaussian ("T42") the function
f2gsh_Wrap might be preferable.
  -dave