offline documentation package

From: Rob Nicholas <rnicholas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:52:07 -0700

Hey NCL developers,

Would you consider providing an "offline" version of the web-based NCL
documentation? I often find myself working somewhere with sketchy or
non-existent internet access (thanks to the fact that NCL works so
well on my Mac laptop) but wanting to look up things like function
syntax or a plotting example.

Something as simple as a regularly-updated tarball containing
everything under http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/ (excluding the
external NCAR Graphics, PyNGL, and PyNIO stuff) would do the trick. I
know I could accomplish this myself by pulling everything down with
wget, but this is less than ideal.

[If other NCL users would also find an offline version of the
documentation useful, please weigh in here (or contact the developers
directly) to indicate your support.]

Thanks,
Rob