Re: Grib2 satellite data

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:18:53 -0600

Hi Axel,

I have looked at your file and also examined the relevant part of the
latest source code of the NCEP-supplied GRIB 2 C API code. Your
diagnosis is correct. The NCEP code does not yet have an entry for PDS
template 31. We don't really like to have to modify external
libraries, because it creates a lot of support hassles, but if we can
get by with a small change we might consider it. I will look into the
extent of the changes required.
  -dave