Re: How to read gpcp daily data in NCL?

From: Mateus Teixeira <mateus.teixeira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:24:02 -0300

Hi Sabeer,

I made this some time ago. Firstly, I create a Fortran code to take
off the header of gpcp daily binary files. In such time I couldn't do
this directly with NCL. So, I read them (the new files without header)
within NCL and then create the netCDF file. I have attached the
fortran program and the ncl script for you take a look.

Unfortunately, the comments are in portuguese, but if you have any
doubt you can just ask.

Best regards,

Mateus

2009/9/25 Sabeerali(sebi) <sabeerl_at_gmail.com>:
> Helloo
>
> I am having GPCP daily data from 1996 to 2008....I want to read
> those data and convert to netcdf...Anyone has done it earlier?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sabeer

Mateus da Silva Teixeira
Meteorologista
Instituto de Pesquisas Meteorológicas - IPMet
Universidade Estadual Paulista - UNESP
Av. Luis Edmundo Carrijo Coube, 14-01 - Cx. Postal 281 - CEP 17033-360
Bauru - SP - Brasil
Fone: +55 14 3103-6030 / fax: 3203-3649