Re: str_lower problem in NCL script!

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:06:14 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Raza,

The str_lower and other str functions were added in version 5.1.1 of
NCL, which is the latest version. You would need to download this
version if you are using the latest version of WRFUserARW.ncl.

It sounds like you might be mixing versions of NCL on your system.
For example, you are running an older version of NCL, but your
NCARG_ROOT might be pointing to a newer directory. You can see what
version you have by typing:

    ncl -V

and then make sure that this command:

   which ncl

returns the path represented by $NCARG_ROOT/bin.

I've attached an older version of "changeCase" that doesn't
depend on str_lower or str_switch, if you want to give it a try.
After your line:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"

add the line:

load "./changeCase.ncl"

and try your script. I'm not sure this is going to work, however,
because I think there are other new functions being used in this
script as well.

--Mary