a simple way to calculate monthly mean from 6-hourly data for calandar month?

From: Yang Yang <yang123yang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:

I have 6-hourly data for 30 years. Each file has one year data in a dimension like (time,lat,lon). For some years, the total number of days in Feb. is 29 instead of 28.

I would like to calculate monthly mean from the 6-hourly data for Jan., Feb., ..., Dec., respectively, for each year.

Is there a simple way in NCL to do the monthly mean?

Thank you very much!

Ed