NCL from MacPorts

From: Rob Nicholas <rnicholas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 27 2009 - 23:31:57 MDT

Hi NCLers,

Do any of you have experience using NCL installed via MacPorts,
especially on Snow Leopard? I recently installed the NCL version
5.1.1 via MacPorts (the port name is actually "ncarg") and it
generally seems to work fine -- that is, until I try to plot
something, at which point I get a segmentation fault.

I don't believe the scripts I'm trying to run are to blame -- they
work fine running on the NCL binary package that can be downloaded
from ESG and I was able to replicate the segfault behavior using some
of the stock example scripts (xy_1.ncl and ce_1.ncl) from the NCL
website.

I'll file a bug report with MacPorts if nobody else has run into this,
but I thought I'd check here first.

~Rob