Re: contour smoothing

From: David B. Reusch <dbr120_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 14:05:31 MDT

Yes, that does seem to be helping, though I have to apply it three times
to get where I want to be (with p=0.5, q=0.25, so fairly "heavy"
smoothing). Is there any more guidance out there for the smoothing
parameters? For example, is it worth trying different values of p or
should I just stick with the web page advice and do multiple passes? I
tried finding the source code so I could evaluate this myself, but
didn't have any luck (and I do a binary install anyway so I might not
even have it!).

For what it's worth, I'm still curious about what I wasn't seeing with
cnSmoothingTension -- but smth9 seems to meet my needs.

Thanks,
Dave

--
517 Deike Building