Re: MeteoSwiss color tables

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 08:33:05 MST

On Nov 11, 2009, at 1:40 AM, Andrea Hahmann wrote:

> I just noticed in the NCL web site a bunch of very nice color
> tables to be released with V5.2. Is there a way to obtain these
> tables before the release?

Sure, I've attached them as a compressed tar file. Do a "gunzip" and
"tar -xvf" on this file, and then you can either move the color
tables to
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps, or you can put them in your own
directory somewhere and setenv NCARG_COLORMAPS
to this directory.

See

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/
create_color_table.shtml#MoveColorTableFile

for more information.

--Mary