Error: warning:GKS:GOPWK: --PostScript error: error opening output file

From: Gina Henderson <ginah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 06:35:21 MST

Hi there,

I have a script that ran with no problems but all of a sudden I am getting
the following error:
warning:GKS:GOPWK: --PostScript error: error opening output file
fatal:Workstation with PID#8 is not open
 ERROR 3 IN NGSETI - value for WO must reference an open workstation.
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
fatal:Unable to open Workstation-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3105 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3292 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl

I looked on the ncl help and thought that it was something to do with my
local system display settings but when I type: printenv DISPLAY, I get:
localhost:10.0

I can run other shorter scripts with no error and I do not get this
workstation error.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
thanks, Gina.