Re: Having trouble displaying the Y-labels when I overlay a map-plot to a data-color-contour-plot.

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 12:33:43 MST

Hi John,

I think the problem you are encountering is simply a limitation of NCL
at the current time. The map tickmarks do not currently allow for
explicit setting of values and labels. This is something that many
users would like to see improved and we hope to provide more control
soon.

I am not sure what you mean when you say the color-bar was distorted.
If you can send either a plot image (PNG or GIF please) or make the
data available to us so that we can recreate your plot here, we can
perhaps help you further. If you want to send your data, do the
following:

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
login as anonymous
passwd your email address
cd incoming
bin
put <filename>

Then let me know (offline) the name of the file (or files) that you
have uploaded.
  -dave