hourly curve

From: Michael Notaro <mnotaro_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 15:50:40 MST

I haven't been able to solve the problem of ftcurvp
freezing up my program for some data. Could
anyone offer an alternative approach? Seems the function
has some sort of bug.

I have daily max and min Ts for 20 years. I want to
assign the maxs and mins to 21Z and 9Z for each day.
I need to estimate hourly temperatures for those 20 years,
fitting some sort of curve to the maxs and mins to approximate
a diurnal cycle.

Thanks,
Mike