Re: Lambert conformal conic projection question

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 20 2009 - 09:28:02 MST

Hi Yang,

My understanding is that the central latitude, along with central
meridian, merely defines the origin for the rectangular projection
space, but otherwise does not materially affect the shape of
projection. Thus I can see it would make a big difference in what gets
returned from a calculation like wrf_ll_to_ij(), but I wouldn't expect
it to affect the shape and positioning of a contour plot (?)

Is that what you are seeing -- some differences in the alignment or
shape of the contour plot?

Rick