Drawing vector plot with ascii data

From: sinan <ssahin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 09:03:07 MST

Thank you very much for all answers. I will try all the solutions that you
recommend me. But stil one issue remains.

The wind components u and v must be 2 dimensional like below.

            u [*][*] : numeric,

            v [*][*] : numeric,

But what does (*) symbol mean? The first dimension is latitude and the
second dimension is the velocity? I tried this but I get the following error
message

0) check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid
latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.

(0) A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
equal to one of the following values:

(0) 'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north'
'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN' 'deg north'

(0) check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid
longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.

(0) A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
equal to one of the following values:

(0) 'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'd

I tried every combinations of latitude cordinate array but it did not work.
Could you give me and example of valid coordinate array. Thank you very
much.