Re: Drawing vector plot with asciii data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 18 2009 - 13:45:19 MST

Hi,

As Debasish states, you need 2D data to generate vectors. If you have
1D lat, lon, and u/v arrays, then check out the regridding routine,
triple2grid. This puts your data on a 2D grid. No interpolation is
used; it just figures out the closest grid locations:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/triple2grid.shtml

--Mary