Re: boundaries of subregion

From: David Atkinson <datkinson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 17:39:06 MST

Debashish I think you will have to just manually define a set of 46 lat
lon pairs that represent the centroids of your zones then use gsn_text_plot.
Dave A.

debasish@gi.alaska.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I do not know the specific
> coordinate of the boundaries of subregions but the all of latitudes
> (lat2d) and longitudes (lon2d) of the subregion are available.
> To generate the colorfill raster plot, I declare a variable x(n,m)
> where lat(n,m),lon(n,m) and manually give x=0,1,2,....46 for 46
> subregions .
> But without knowing specific boundaries of subregions can able to use
> polygon or polylines?
>
> Thanks
> Debasish
>
> Quoting Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu>:
>

>> Yes.
>>
>> [1]
>> Draw map background [gsnFrame = False]
>>
>> [2]
>> You must have the coordinates of each box boundary.
>> Procede like Example 4 at
>> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml
>>
>> [3[
>> Use gsn_text to plot the text where you want
>>
>> [4]
>> Advance the frame
>>

>> debasish@gi.alaska.edu wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am attaching a plot of sub-regions (raster plot). In the plot,
>>> each color represents one sub-region i.e. there is 46 sub-regions
>>> in the plot.I would like to
>>> plot the boundaries of the sub-regions and put the number in the center of
>>> the sub-regions instead of color fill sub-regions.
>>> Is it possible in NCL?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Debasish

>> --
>> Dennis J. Shea tel: 303-497-1361 |
>> P.O. Box 3000 fax: 303-497-1333 |
>> Climate Analysis Section |
>> Climate & Global Dynamics Div. |
>> National Center for Atmospheric Research |
>> Boulder, CO 80307 |
>> USA email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |

David E. Atkinson, PhD
Assistant Professor of Atmospheric Sciences
International Arctic Research Center
930 Koyukuk Drive
P.O. Box 757335
University of Alaska Fairbanks