A question while creating large NetCDF files

From: 陈名 <chen1718_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 16 2009 - 20:42:45 MST

Dear NCL users:

I was trying to create a large NC file- the desired file header is as
following:

filename: 2008-01
path: 2008-01.nc
   file global attributes:
      creation_date : Mon Nov 16 14:26:18 CST 2009
      description : 2008 half hourly Met Data
   dimensions:
      time = 1488
      lat = 180
      lon = 360
      scalar = 1
   variables:
      float TBOT ( time, lat, lon )

      float WIND ( time, lat, lon )

      float QBOT ( time, lat, lon )

      float PRECTmms ( time, lat, lon )

      float FSDS ( time, lat, lon )

      float PSRT ( time, lat, lon )

      float time ( time )

      float LATIXY ( lat, lon )

      float LONGXY ( lat, lon )

      float EDGEN ( scalar )

      float EDGEE ( scalar )

      float EDGES ( scalar )

      float EDGEW ( scalar )

But I keep receiving this error message:

ncendef: ncid 1: NetCDF: One or more variable sizes violate format
constraints
ncclose: ncid 1: NetCDF: One or more variable sizes violate format
constraints

I searched on NCL website and thought it could be a large file problem, so I
tried to reduce the time dimension to be 1000, and it go through well.
However, I still need the large file and I don't know how to avoid this
error. Could someone give me a hint? The attachment is the ncl script I
used. Thanks a lot!

Ming

--
Department of Soil, Water and Climate