Problem with gsn_polymarker

From: Gina Henderson <ginah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 14:22:00 MST

Hi there,

I am trying to plot a marker on a polar plot, however I am having trouble
with the coordinates for the polymarker. The marker is plotted at the north
pole no matter what I set x and y to be in
gsn_polymarker(wks,plot1,x,y,polyres) to be. The lat and lon arrays from
which I set x and y are the same arrays that are used to set lat and lon for
the SST variable in plot1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gina.

Below is an example of how I am envoking the previous plot and the
polymarker:

wks = gsn_open_wks ("ps", "SST_12pan_tt_na")

 lon = lonFlip(lon)

 x=lat({30})
 y=lon({-160})

 gsn_define_colormap(wks, "ViBlGrWhYeOrRe")
  i = NhlNewColor(wks,0.3,0.3,0.3) ; add gray to colormap
  j = NhlNewColor(wks,1.,1.,1.) ; add white to color map

  res = True ; plot mods desired
  res@gsnPolar = "NH" ; plot polar plot
  res@gsnSpreadColors = True ; make cn span entire color map
  res@gsnSpreadColorEnd = -3 ; don't use added gray in
legend
  res@mpFillOn = False
  res@mpLandFillColor = j ; make continents "i" (white)
  res@cnFillOn = True ; turn on color fill
  res@cnLinesOn = False ; turn on contour lines
  res@gsnDraw = True ;draw for panel
  res@gsnFrame = False ; don't advance frame

 plot1 = gsn_csm_contour_map_polar(wks,SST_dif(1,:,:), res)

  polyres = True ; poly marker mods desired
  polyres@gsMarkerIndex = 16 ; choose circle as polymarker
  polyres@gsMarkerSizeF = 5.0 ; select size to avoid streaking
  polyres@gsMarkerColor = (/"red"/) ; choose color

  print(x)