Re: Panel Plot Width Problems

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 15:57:27 MST

Helen,

The reason your plots are different sizes is because the last 3 plots
are a different shape than the first 9 plots. You've got extra
titling at the bottom of these 3 plots, and you've added tickmarks
and labels.

gsn_panel is meant to be used on plots that are the same size, or at
least close to the same size, which your last three plots are not.

You might try setting this to see if it helps:

   resP@gsnPanelScalePlotIndex = 9

If it doesn't, then you will need to panel these plots yourself,
using vpXF, vpYF, vpWidthF, and vpHeightF.

See example #20 at: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml

--Mary