Re: Is anyone running NCL on Amazon's EC2 or other cloud computing environment?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 13:36:42 MST

I am not sure what "the cloud" is.

What limits do you have on your current system

%> limit

Look at "memoryuse"

If you need 8GB of memory and you have 4GB not much you can do.

If you can fit the data into memory BUT you are near the memory limit
and you start doing computations, then the software [any siftware]
will need/use additional memory.

Good luck

Bridget Thrasher wrote:
> I keep hitting memory allocation limits and am thinking of moving my
> computing to the cloud. Has anyone done this successfully?
>
> -Bridget
>
> --
> Bridget Thrasher, PhD
> Postdoctoral Researcher
> Climate Central
> www.climatecentral.org <http://www.climatecentral.org>

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |