How to enable user specified types of output

From: Wee-Beng Tay <zonexo_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 02:12:29 MST

Hi,

I've an ocean code and I'm using NCL to draw the plots. However, I will like
the user to be able to select some options, like different kinds of output,
output to screen/file etc.

So how can this be done?

I'm thinking of doing the following:

1. my code is in fortran. there's a namelist file with variables like :

output_type=1 or 2 (contour=1, vector =2). So the user will enter the
selection in the namelist.

2. this will create a file in the end for the ncl script to read in.

3. based on the different options, different types, number of plots will be
generated.

Is this the way to do it? Or is there a better way?

Thanks