Question about 2-Dimensional attribute

From: Xiaoming Sun <xiaoming.sun_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Dec 13 2009 - 15:52:27 MST

 Dear All,

 Thanks for reading this E-mail.

 I got confused on how to attribute 2-D coordinates to a 2-D variable.

 For example,
 WRFcs_dbz is a 2-D variable with dimension as [height| 34] x [along_cs |
84], which is radar reflectivity
 WRFcs_z is a 2-D variable with dimension as [height| 34] x [along_cs |
84], which records the height of each point in the WRFcs_dbz array
 WRFcs_lon is a 2-D variable with dimension as [height| 34] x [along_cs |
84], which records the longitude of each point in the WRFcs_dbz array.

 I am trying to get WRFcs_z and WRFcs_lon as the 2D coordinate attribute
of WRFcs_dbz by following
 WRFcs_dbz@sfXArray = WRFcs_lon
 WRFcs_dbz@sfYArray = WRFcs_z

 Then simply use
 plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks, WRFcs_dbz, res_WRFdbz)
 to have a contour plot with longitude as the x-axis and height (m) as the
y-axis.

 But the x-axis and y-axis is still ranging from 1 to 84 and 1 to 34
respectively, instead of what I hoped as longitude and height (m).

 Could anyone please give some help on this?

 Thanks,

 Xiaoming