wmstnm improvements

From: Bolli Palmason <bolli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Dec 13 2009 - 06:26:56 MST

Dear NCL users,

thanks to NCAR for a very nice graphics package!

I'm using the wmstnm function to plot SYNOP data and there are two
things that could improve (I'm using UNT 1 - metric):

1. The visibility should be the numbers from the SYNOP code, not
translated to km. 70 in SYNOP code should be plotted as 70, not 20 (km).

2. The dots/stars for rain/snow should be bigger or different size, it
is hard to see the difference.

Hope NCAR considers these changes, must be bothering others also :)

Best regards,
Bolli