Re: wind vector plot

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 09:11:40 MST

dumy = w
dumy = 0.0

vector = *wrf_vector*(a,wks,dumy,w,res)

jam hong wrote:
> Dear wrfhelp
> I try to plot the wind vector in cross section , then I use wrf_vector
> function in ncl.
> But they said I need 5 parameters in wrf_vector. w is wind in vertical
> direction, what is another parameter I need?
> Thanks
> Jam
>
> ; plotting options for wind vectors
> opts_w = res
> opts_w@NumVectors <mailto:opts_w@NumVectors> = 47
> vector = wrf_vector(a,wks,w,opts_w)
> From: wrfhelp@ucar.edu
> To: cumarporn@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [ncl-talk] wind vector plot
> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:29:44 -0700
>
> We unfortunately do not have one at the moment. It is on our list of
> things too add.
>
> wrfhelp
> http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/supports/wrfhelp.html
>

> On Nov 10, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Mary Haley wrote:
>
> Hi Jam,
>
> I don't know if there are any special examples of this for WRF
> data. I do know there's a cross section examples page on the
> WRF-NCL site:
>
> http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/NCL_examples.htm
>
> It doesn't contain vector examples, but you might be able to take
> these examples and change then from contours to vectors.
>
> It looks like the WRF-VAPOR page might contain such an example.
> See "wrf_Height_FirstMod.ncl" at:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrfvapor.shtml
>
> I've CC'ed wrfhelp in case they have any further pointers.
>
> --Mary
>
> On Nov 9, 2009, at 11:57 AM, jam hong wrote:
>

> Dear All
>
> Does anyone have the wind vector cross section plot code from
> WRF output?
> I try to find it in the example but I could not find it.
> Would you mind sending it to me?
>
> Thank you for your help
> Jam

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |