calculating w from omega and gsn_csm_pres_hgt_streamline

From: <Mark.Collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 18:09:50 MDT

Hi,
I'm looking for some help solving the following:

I've followed the online documentation and messages trying to generate a latitude vs height streamline plot from v and w using NCEP reanalysis files.

I've uploaded 2 scripts

hadley_setup.ncl: generates reduced datasets (including generating W from OMEGA using function OMEGA_TO_W) from raw NCEP files
hadley_plot.ncl: generate latitude vs height plot using gsn_csm_pres_hgt_streamline

I've put the output file ncep_items.nc from hadley_setup.ncl also onto the incoming area on ftp.cgd.ucar.edu.

I have averaged over a number of times and longitudes in the hope of generating smooth streamlines. I have just used standard functions and procedures with the addtion of OMEGA_TO_W.ncl unchanged.

Regards,
Mark.