mjo

From: shinn wong <shinnshinnwong_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 19:47:36 MST

Hi everyone,
I have a problem concerning with the mjo. I have used the example
mjoclivar_12.ncl<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mjoclivar_12.ncl>
compute the univariate eof for 20-100 day band-pass filtered olr data from
1987-2007, but the result seems to be different from that of the typical
one. The conventional EOF1 exhibits negative OLR anomalies (strong
convection) in the tropical Indian Ocean and positive anomalies in the
western pacific (see figure 1 in
http://ams.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1175%2F2007JCLI1493.1),
but the result of mine is just the opposite. Do anyone know the reason? The
code can be seen in the attachment. Thanks.
shinn