wrf lat/lon or ij location of value on grid

From: <jwsmith_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 19:56:19 MST

Hello ncl-talk

Does ncl have a function that gives you the lat/lon or ij of a max
value or relative maxima on a wrf grid? Lets say you want to know
where on your grid is the max dBz. The wrf_latlon_ij function asks
for a specific lat/lon. I could use this after I know the location of
the max value of a field.

Jonathan W Smith
Jonathan Wynn Smith

Doctoral Student in Howard University