Re: subtraction function

From: <jwsmith_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jan 10 2010 - 14:25:47 MST

co(Time, bottom_top, south_north, west_east)

I want to take a ten - day average of co at 12z. I then want to
subtract this average from the individual 12 z time in that period.
This will be the anamolous field. I want to make a vertical cross
section of the anamolies.

When I did the subtraction in nco using ncbo and ncdiff. The
difference of co was taken, but it also seems to have taken the
difference of the XLAT and XLON. I think this happened because co is a
variable with lat/lon (bottom_top) coordinates, (I could be
misinterpreting the use of ncdiff and ncbo).

Hencem I was asking if the subtraction could be done in ncl. I hope I
have provided more clarity this time.

Thanks,
Jonathan