Re: problem with example mjoclivar_14

From: shinn wong <shinnshinnwong_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 08 2010 - 01:07:39 MST

Dear ncl users,
I would like to first thank Dennis and Maurice for their help and
suggestions. I have solved the problem by putting one of the statement out
of the do-loop. The result looks similar to the postscript file.
I then use the MJO_PC_INDEX.nc created to run the
mjoclivar_15.ncl<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mjoclivar_15.ncl>and
mjoclivar_16.ncl<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mjoclivar_15.ncl>.
For the phase space diagram, the one i plot is exactly opposite to that
shown on the example page (see the attached ps), while the composite plot is
similar to that of example 16. I do not know why because I haven't changed
the sign of the principle components. So do anyone know why I can't get the
desired output as shown in
mjoclivar_15.nc<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mjoclivar_15.ncl>?
Can anyone get the plots as example 15 and 16 with my MJO_PC_INDEX? I have
attached my script, the MJO_PC_INDEX created and the output ps for your
reference. Thank you.