ftcurvps freezing up

From: Michael Notaro <mnotaro_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 08:29:17 MST

I am having a problem where my program freezes up
under certain conditions when using ftcurvps.
Below are a few lines from my code.

I have a 20 year period of daily max and min temperatures
(includes 5 leap year days in that period). I want to
create a time series of hourly temperatures. So I assume
the minimum temperatures occur at the 10th hour and
maximums at the 22nd hour (Z time) and apply ftcurvps
to estimate the full hourly time series.

Normally, this works great. But in some rare cases, it
hits certain grid cells and then just freezes up and
the program won't continue. The values have nothing
wrong with them, no strange values, no missing values,
just refuses to perform the task.

What might be wrong?

Michael

nyr=20