Re: 5_month_season

From: HUANG, Ping <ph0007_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 19:10:43 MST

Hi, Aaron

I am sorry that a unrevised email has been send.

There are two tips avoiding loops.

If you have an array X(ntime, nlat, nlon) in which ntime = 468,

;=======tip 1=======================

TIME = yyyymm_time(1, 468/12,"integer") ; this just a sample, and you could use like yyyymm_time(1971, 2009,"integer"). It doesn't matter, and just keep the number of month equal 468.

Xout = X(ind( mod(TIME, 100).ge.5 .and. mod(TIME, 100).le.9 ), :, :) ;
;The time of Xout is from May to Sep. year by year. Its demensions are Xout(ntime, nlat, non)
;But I think these demensions are not suitable for operating. You had better convert it to Xout2(nyear, nmonth, nlat, nlon)

Xout2 = onedtond(Xout, (/39, 5, nlat,nlon/)) ;
Xout2!0 = "year"
Xout2!1 = "month"

;============================================

If you prefer the Xout2, you can do this job by a simpler tip like:

;============tip 2=========================

X_temp = onedtond(X, (/ntime/12, 12, nlat, nlon/)) ; look out the order of demensions.
; This is very useful tip to convert an nd array to other nd array. In NCL there is no "ndtond" function, but "onedtond" can do this job.

Xout = X_temp(:,4:8,:,:) ;
delete(X_temp)
Xout!0 = "year"
Xout!1 = "month"