problems with running scripts

From: Christof Wilhelm <christof.wilhelm_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 19 2010 - 01:31:33 MST

Dear ncl-talk readers,

I have encountered a strange problem when working with ncl.

When I want to run ANY .ncl script I get this errormessage:

ncl 0> test.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 0 before or near .
test.
----^

fatal:error in statement

This happens with ANY script also with the scripts from the NCL homepage
which all run at my colleagues computers.

The really strange thing about this is further, that the single commands of the script work nicely, when typed in seperately one after another and I get the
desired output at the end!!

Has somebody a solution for this??

Thanks for your help,
Christof