Segmentation Fault when opening lot of files....

From: Sabeerali(sebi) <sabeerl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 29 2010 - 04:16:24 MST

Hi Mary,

 ---I have 4384 daily files all have same dimensions (lat, lon)
;---each having size of 2.25 MB
I have used addfiles. The scripts works on fewer files...

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
 begin
     setfileoption("nc","SuppressClose",False)
     all_files = systemfunc ("ls *.nc")
     fall = addfiles (all_files, "r")
     ListSetType (fall, "join")
     T = fall[:]->hrf
     print(dimsizes(T))
end

Thanking you

2010/1/28 Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu>

Sebi,

> Can you be more specific about your problem? How big are the files you are
> trying to open, what variables are you trying to read, etc? Does the problem
> happen when you are using addfiles, or addfile on individual files?
>
> It would help if you could show us a script, explain where the error is
> occuring, how big the files are, whether the script works on fewer files,
> etc.
>
> --Mary
>
> On Jan 25, 2010, at 2:46 AM, Sabeerali(sebi) wrote:
>

>> When I open lot of files it shows segmentaion fault.. Before opening files
>> I have given setfieoption("nc","SuppressClose",False). I have read in FAQ
>> that the general limit is around 1024 files. I am having 4000 files.. Is
>> there any way in ncl to open that?
>>
>> Thanking you
>>

>> --

Sebi
Climate and Global Modeling Division
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
Pashan, Pune, 411 008