Cross Section setting "z" range

From: Claiborne Tompkins <tompkinc_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 23:49:46 MST

I've been making cross sections and wanted to put a limit on "z" instead of
plotting up to the vertical max within my WRF output, but have been
unsuccessful when trying to set a range for z. Right now I read "z" in
through

 z = wrf_user_getvar(a, "z",it) ; grid point height

and tried to set a range when creating my pv_plane

pv_plane = wrf_user_intrp3d(pvo,z(0,4000),"v",plane,0,opts)

but keep receiving the error

fatal:Number of subscripts do not match number of dimensions of variable,(2)
Subscripts used, (3) Subscripts expected
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 110 in file PotVort_CrossS.ncl

Does anyone know the proper format for declaring the range of "z"?

Thanks,

F. Tompkins