Station data: overlay

From: Correia, James <james.correia_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Feb 26 2010 - 10:37:24 MST

Hi-
I am using station data and want to plot 2 variables: one will be shaded and
the other will be contoured.

I can plot both variables separately using gsn_csm_contour_map , but when I
try to plot them together using gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay it gives me an
error saying that my data is 1d when it should be 2d.

The resources for both are set the same way:
res1@sfXArray = lon(:)
res1@sfYArray = lat(:)
res1@trGridType = "TriangularMesh"
res1@tfDoNDCOverlay = False

Is there a resource I need to turn off, in the same manner as when you
overlay 2 gridded datasets, only the first variable has the map resource
information and the second does not?

Thanks for any help.
jimmyc

James Correia Jr., PhD
Climate Physics Group
Post. Doc.
Pacific Northwest National Lab

"Wisdom. Strength. Courage. Generosity. Each of us are born with one of
these. It is up to us to find the other three inside of us."
-Into the West